1. Numerical Modeling and Field Measurement of Current Circulation and Physical Processes in Southern China Sea, August 2013 – MOSTI (EScience).
2. The Identification of Profiles, Dynamics and Seasonal Variation of Boundary Current Along Peninsular Malaysia at South China Sea Malaysia, January 2011 – KPT(FRGS)
3. Development of Seasonal Primary Productions Model from Satellite Imagery for South China Sea, January 2009 – Jan 2011, MOSTI (E-Science).
4. A Study of Current Circulation Influence towards Primary Productivity Distribution through Numerical Modeling Approach, January 2013 – In progress, KPT (RACE).
5. The physical characteristics and current circulation of the SCS and the influence of inter-seasonal monsoon, January 2013-January 2015, UMT (INOS-HICoE).
6. Brunei Bay Circulation Dynamics and Interactions, January 2013-January 2015, UMT (INOS-HICoE).
7. The Development of Physical Oceanography Real Time Data Analysis System from Ocean Space-based Technology, Mac 2013 – In progress, MOSTI (EScience).
Mohd Fadzil Mohd Akhir, Nur Zurairah Zakaria, and Fredolin Tangang,(2014) Intermonsoon Variation of Physical Characteristics and Current Circulation along the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia.International Journal of Oceanography, vol. 2014, Article ID 527587, 9p.doi:10.1155/2014/527587.2.
Shukri Arsad, M. F. Akhir (2013).The characteristics and origin of water masses along Sabah coast. International Journal of Research In Earth and Enviornmental Sciences pp 35 – 43 Vol 01. No. 1—201.3.
A. Mirazei, F. Tangang, L. Juneng, M.A. Mustapha, M.L. Husain, M.F. Akhir, (2013). Wave climate simulation for southern region of the South China Sea, Ocean Dynamics Volume 63, Issue 8, pp 961-977.4.
Mohd Fadzil Mohd Akhir, (2012), Surface circulation and temperature distribution of southern South China Sea from global ocean model (OCCAM), Sains Malaysiana, Vol 41(6) : 701-714.5.
Mohd Fadzil Akhir, Yong Jaw Chuen, (2011), Seasonal variation of water characteristics during inter-monsoon along the east coast of Johor, Journal of Sustainability Science and Management, Vol 6(2) : 206-214.
M.F. Akhir, P.C. Sinha, M.L. Hussain, (2011), Seasonal variation of South China Sea physical characteristics off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia from 2002-2010 datasets, International Journal of Environmental Science, Vol Volume 2(2) : 569-575.7.
Nur Hidayah Roseli & Mohd Fadzil Mohd Akhir (2014). Variations of southern South China Sea near Pahang. Sains Malaysiana.(In Press)
M. F. Akhir, F. Daryabor, M.L. Husain, F. Tanggang, F. Qiao. (2014). First evidence of upwelling along east coast of Peninsular Malaysia. Journal of Oceanography (In Press)